Workers’ Compensation Lawyers in Des Moines
Unfortunately, workplace accidents are not uncommon. In 2012, nearly 3 million workplace injuries and illnesses among private sector firms were reported to the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). There were 4,628 worker deaths that year. Heartbreakingly, many of these injuries and deaths could have been prevented. While employers are generally responsible for paying workers’ compensation to injured or killed workers, third parties such as product manufacturers, other employers and other people not employed by the same entity can be held accountable for acts of negligence in a court of law.
In addition, while payment of workers compensation is a sure thing it does not pay much to those workers who can no longer work because of their injury. In those situations, looking for a possible third party who is actually responsible for the injury is very important to ensuring your family is taken care of and your income is fully replaced.If If you find yourself with a workplace injury, the workers’ compensation lawyers at Reid Law Firm in Des Moines will be by your side every step of the way.
Choosing the Best Workplace Injury Lawyer for You
Our Iowa work accident lawyers have extensive experience representing Iowans who have been hurt as a result of the negligence of others. We understand where to look for liable third parties and possible sources of compensation after a serious accident has caused injury at a workplace. It is critical to undertake a thorough workplace injury investigation to learn whether a third party’s negligence caused an accident, which is where our team steps in. Our work accident lawyers in Des Moines know the mental, physical and financial hardships that can follow a work accident, which is why it is our mission to help you through the process and do everything we can to get you the compensation you deserve for your injury.
Our highly qualified workers’ compensation lawyers at Reid Law Firm and the law firms we work with have the experience and the resources necessary to pursue the maximum available recovery for injured workers or passersby. When necessary, we bring in:
- OSHA experts from Washington, D.C.
- Damage experts
- Vocational experts
- Experts in products such as equipment or tools involved in accidents
At Reid Law Firm, you can trust that our workers’ compensation team is fully prepared to accurately investigate and represent your case. Contact our workplace injury and accident lawyers in Des Moines to schedule your free consultation.
Workers’ Compensation Claims in Iowa
The majority of states require that employers carry workers’ compensation insurance and penalize those that do not. Employers who do not carry insurance can potentially be fined or even face a lawsuit. Workers’ compensation coverage typically includes any employee who suffers a work-related injury in the course and scope of their employment.
The Workers’ Compensation Claim Process
Claiming workers’ compensation is essentially a five step process. It involves:
- Identifying the injury: The majority of work related injuries qualify for workers’ compensation benefits. If you experience an accident while on the job, we encourage you to call Reid Law Firm’s work accident attorneys near you to help you identify the right next steps.
- Following required time limits: Iowa law requires that you give your employer notice of any workers’ compensation injuries within 90 days of the date of injury. Pinpointing the exact date of an injury can be challenging, especially in cases involving trauma or stress. A written notice is recommended when informing your employer of the work injury.
- Accepting or rejecting your claim: For a variety of potential reasons, your insurance company may actually reject your workers’ compensation claim. Rejected claims do not always mean that you can’t receive benefits. If your claim gets rejected, our work injury lawyers in Des Moines can file a petition on your behalf.
- The litigation: While our work accident attorneys want to see your case settled, we treat every case as if it may go the distance in trial. Therefore, our dedicated team accurately investigates every part of your case and is always prepared for it to go to trial.
Getting You the Workers’ Compensation You Need
If you have been hurt at work, your employer should have workers’ compensation insurance that covers most of your expenses. Our lawyers can explain the process to you and help you recover money to cover your medical bills and lost wages and even help you obtain disability payments.
Consult Our Workers’ Compensation and Injury Lawyers
As zealous advocates for Iowans who have been injured on the job, Reid Law Firm will not rest until the strongest argument has been made. Full compensation for our clients and, wherever possible, new hope for injury victims and their families are our objectives.
Schedule a free initial consultation with Reid Law Firm to discuss your workplace accident, your injuries and your legal options.