How To Receive Workers Compensation For Work Sustained Injuries

May 21, 2020

Workers compensation pays for medical expenses and lost wages when you’re injured on the job. Some occupational diseases are covered as well. As long as you’re eligible, you can file a claim with your employer for benefits. Iowa has a no-fault system, which means eligible employees are entitled to benefits no matter who is at-fault. Des Moines IA workers comp attorneys at Reid Law Firm can provide more information.

Filing for Workers Compensation

When filing for workers compensation, it’s important to follow all the steps as directed. One mistake could result in you failing to get the compensation to which you’re entitled. That’s why it’s important to contact an experienced attorney for help filing your claim.

As an Iowa resident, you have 90 days to report your injury. But it’s best to report your injury as soon as possible. Delaying the matter could result in problems with your claim. It’s also important to note that your employer has the right to choose your medical provider. Seeing your own doctor before reporting the injury could hinder your chances of collecting compensation.

Why You Need an Attorney

You could attempt to handle your claim without the help of an attorney. But that’s not recommended, as some employers will dispute a claim. And even if the claim isn’t disputed, it’s possible the employer will refuse to pay the full amount you’re due. To deal with such issues, it’s best to have Des Moines IA workers comp attorneys to represent you.

The Reid Law Firm has attorneys experienced with handling workers compensation claims. They can gather medical evidence, collect statements from doctors and medical experts, gather legal documents, and more. Filing a worker’s compensation claim is serious business. Having an attorney will increase your chances for filing a successful claim.